Relationships and Friendships- Modern Women Needs:Fashion

Monday 23 January 2017

MyStory: I Fell In Love… After My Engagement To Someone Else!



After I got engaged to the guy my parents had found for me, I got my dream job in London and I decided to go for it, at least till I got married. 

When I started working at the new office I met Nikhil. He was our team lead and in the first meeting itself, I felt attracted to him. In order to keep my feelings from surfacing, I decided to maintain a low profile and barely spoke or interacted with him. 

A few days into the job, I found out from a couple of colleagues that he felt I had an attitude problem and he didn’t want such negativity in his team. Afraid of losing my job, I decided to write him a formal and a polite email telling him that I’d like to address any issues he has with me. 

In reply to my email, he asked me to meet him for lunch to discuss this further. Although it was a formal affair, I kept imagining it as a ‘date’. So on our formal lunch (date), he told me that he had no problem regarding my work, as I was an excellent employee but wasn’t friendly or approachable. I apologized for my behaviour and we began talking about our lives, about India and other things. Amidst all of this, I did not tell him that I was engaged. 
Internal fell in love with someone else

Soon, we started spending our lunch breaks together, and even worked late nights together to meet deadlines. He would mostly drop me home and on our way back, we’d listen to 90s Bollywood music and retro songs. Sometimes, I would catch him humming those songs at work as well and smile and look away when caught. These drives back home actually brought us closer. 

Two months later, our team was sent to Germany for a week, for a conference. I had a really important presentation to give and I was stressing over it because it was a huge deal for me. One night before the presentation, I was in his room rehearsing and screwing it over, multiple times. He told me to calm down and I froze,  because he held both my hands while telling me to relax. I couldn’t stop blushing and got goosebumps all over my arms. He noticed them and asked if I was cold... He didn’t wait for my answer and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back. After a few minutes, I realized this was inappropriate and pulled back. 

Before I could step away he leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back and it was a very intense moment. We made out for almost ten minutes until he began unhooking my bra. So I asked him to stop and decided to leave. But before I could leave, he told me he had fallen for me and I couldn’t deny the fact that I loved him too. 

Yes, I fell in love with someone else. Someone who was not my fiancé. 

I realized I should tell him that I was engaged. So I finally mustered the courage and told him the truth. He was shocked and I could tell by his expressions that he was extremely heartbroken. But I reassured him that I love him way more than he loves me and I want to be with him, no matter what. 

So, I confessed to my fiancé that I had fallen in love with someone else. I was really surprised that he understood the situation and stepped back without any hard feelings. There was some family drama but ultimately, it all ended well. It’s been a year since all of this happened and Nikhil and I are still together. 

*Names changed to protect privacy 
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Best Stories For The Desi Girl | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com | Distributed By Blogger Templates20